I love avocados, but who doesn’t right? (or at least I hope so). I could survive on avocados they are so good! Well and today is National Avocado Day! So, what better than this recipe, my favorite appetizer, –oh hell who am kidding- is a meal, is avocado and I can’t stop eating it when I make it!? So, for your reading and later taste pleasure let’s get on with the recipe.
- 3 medium avocados
- 6 medium tomatillos
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large jalapeño (fresh, not pickle)
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 container (8oz) sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Lime juice and zest
- 1 cup water – if and as needed during blending
- Tomatillos– Remove the husks, and rinse clean with water. Set oven at 450 degrees. Cut tomatillos in half, lay on cooking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until tender. When done, remove, and let cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients in blender on high until smooth. Adding water 1-2 tbsp at a time as necessary to thin the sauce down, so it blends smoothly and creamy. When ready place in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Serve with your favorite dish, or dig in with tortilla chips!
Have a bless day. 🙂